Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Roman Colosseum as my Life


A violin is played in the background when a documentary on travel is being played showing the Roman Colosseum on TV, while the onlookers munching potato chips look at it in awe.
This is how my life has become.

Earlier, I was one of the walls inside the Colosseum, decaying every moment while others had a good time looking at how wonderfully I was designed, and there stood I, wearing out, fading, cursing myself and all that I couldn't do to change my history (I mean past).

After my Vipassana, though my life remains same, I have just switched the positions.
I have become the onlooker now additionally, excited to see how my masonry reacts to the algae creeping over me, and how a couple holding hands looks at the the sight at night.

Vipassana has taught me to separate myself from me and observe it as a Researcher learning life without living it actually.

I am excited to see what makes me happy and what makes me sad. More so, what used to bring joy, how soon loses its charm and what conceived fear, is wholeheartedly accepted now… and how thoughtlessly I have conceded the whole of my time in just reacting over things....And how contentedly I’d be embellishing my fool’s paradise with the imitated programmed emotions every moment, side-tracking it from the central pleasures of life that it should have been rewarded with actually.

I do not, in any way claim to have acquired super natural powers or opened my third eye. But, yes, I am proud to say that after Vipassana, I am aware of what I am and how better I could make the world around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment