Sunday, March 24, 2013

Between Ghost stories and Illusions





We friends spent this evening sharing ghost stories. Some shared their stories, some shared the shared stories. 

I, per se, had nothing to share. Though, like everyone else, as a child, I was amused to hear such spiced up stories from watchmen and drivers of their direct encounters with long haired, faceless ghosts dressed in white.

I had varied experiences during my vipassana tenure. I used to dream of powerful, ugly and notorious ghosts threatening me and my family. After Vipassana started, which, our Guruji (the teacher) aptly named as the 'operation of mind', I dont remember I even slept for a single night. But, the details of which I am not going to be writing today.

I wanted to write about something that I had experienced but not observed or tracked before.

From wrong decisions to blunders, from frustration to lust, we have seen the villain inside us, but never admitted. We have created worst scenes and worsened situations and tried to blame it on others. We always covered it up as the nudist does, by saying "It was the demand of the scene, and we acted in the best way we could". We have buried it all up when we felt ashamed and always lied about our heroic sense and greatness in managing situations.

What was that who would rescue me from self inflicted nets, from my goof ups worst case scenarios and embarrassed situations. What was it because of whom my nightmares never came true.
Wasn't it the angel around me who always protected me. 

Wasn't it was he who lit my ways when the darkness went unbearable. Don't I owe my goodness and positive energies to it. From where did I derive that strength which made me pass on the mysterious journeys.

There were these times too, when I had ripped apart this angel and discarded it on bizarre grounds, when I felt  the virtues weren't working anymore. But this angel, rose against all odds to secure me. I then, renamed it as my sixth sense. 

This angel has preserved my honor as a woman, by signaling the danger that lied ahead. This angel sniffed the difficult times and stuffed strength inside me in advance.
How beautifully it timed the things around me.

This angel always warned me from stumbling down in the pit of lies and illusions. 

It always mirrored the peace that I obtained by showing mercy and being forgiving and kind to those I always rated as non-deserving. How much has this angel been serving, defending me in my oblivion.

Why did the watchmen and drivers never mentioned them?

No comments:

Post a Comment