Monday, May 11, 2015

I am a Rockstar


I am a champion. I did it! I did it! I did it!
I feel like this success-kid! As if I solved Rubik’s cube! Or cooked rajma like mom! Or walked from Star Ferry to Kowloon’s train stop without getting lost!

Today I accomplished something that I never thought I could. Today, I am marking my calendar to have sit for a meditation session and being successful at it 100%. (Ok, plus minus 0.2% thoughts).

But I what I felt proud about was that I was able to keep myself aware. Even of my unawareness. Today, I didn’t fiddle around. I didn’t let my thoughts create the trail. I sat like a corrupt government official who doesn't let the files move. I watched my mind like an examiner in CS exams. I didn’t let my awareness party on the pool of unawareness. I didn’t let my mind keep monkeying with my mindfulness.

Like an onlooker, the whole time I devoted myself to be a witness of the ripples rising on the surface of my mind and with a smile, taking note of it, remained on the shores without getting trapped in the circles of the illusion that your thoughts build when you are awake with your eyes closed and free to bat in the open fields.

I can’t even say that I fought with my mind because if I did, I’d be taking sides and again becoming a part of it and eventually lie on the stretcher of un-mindfulness.  
I didn’t wait for the session to end or the bell to ring. I didn’t move a single inch of any muscle of my body. Since I went with no expectations, the outcome has further improved me (surprised me, actually).

Today I can say:
If Practice makes a man perfect….Practice has made me aware. 

P.S. I am even being aware of being overwhelmed :) 

2 comments:

  1. ….. do your work, be steadfast in yoga, giving up all attachment, unmindful of success or failure. Such equanimity of the mind is “Yoga.”

    ~Chapter 2, Verse 48
    Bhagvad Gita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meditation is painful in the beginning but it bestows immortal Bliss and supreme joy in the end.
    ~ Swami Sivananda

    ReplyDelete