Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Despicable Me

Image result for despicable me gru


How do you feel when: 
You find someone exactly like you- not because you realize that there is no need to photoshop your personality while going out but that it assures that you indeed were not a mistake of the Maker.

I am really not the type who re-watches movies. But the first time I saw "Despicable Me 2", it made me further a narcissist because I kept falling in love with myself.
The protagonist- Gru. I just feel we are separated by a mirror.
(And his Italian accent! OMG! Listening him speak is like eating Paisano's Margarita pizza with extra cheese.)

There is not a single weekend I have missed watching Gru again (and again) and secretly falling in love with him. Not because he is he, because he is me. And here is why:

12 similarities between me and Gru:

1. His ugliness. And mine? Oh yeah!
2. His being old school in raising kids. Me? My parents feel a generation gap. They feel I should have been born before them.
3. His love for his family. Extreme and acute.
4. His over protectiveness for his daughters (aka mine for my baby brother). He is unstoppable when it comes to intimidating the guys trying to woo his daughter. Exactly the way I used to do with his class-mates. 
5. When he desires his daughter to never get older. Bhaiyya is a handsome young man of 23 years now. But each time I see a toddler in a pram, I feel it is him.
6. Being perennially bad with dating and social life. I am an outcast.
7. His ability to remember faces- like the first time he sees the villain impersonating and instantly recognizes him. Yeah faces? Tell me about it!
8. Being tremendously rude to people you dislike. No comments.
9. Affecting the world massively by his moods. When he's happy- it is so much visible, and when he is sad- that is exactly what cant be hidden. You don't wanna know more about me.
10. His nervousness  before making a call. I hate my phone.
11. His minions. And, my life- full of cute minions- always ready to be there for me.
12. Last, the 'underwear' song at his marriage. None else but me could find the 'romantic' sense in it.

P.S. You can be the first one to say "Eww"
 


1 comment:

  1. Gru speak:

    Rule number three, you will not cry, or whine, or laugh, or giggle, or sneeze, or burp, or fart. So, no, no annoying sounds. All right?

    That ….. was accidentally destroyed maliciously.

    ReplyDelete