Friday, November 7, 2014

Love Vs Life



I met this guy who is a painter and a photographer and is into a lot of similar artistic stuff.  (And trust me his paintings are not like the typical modern art paintings where you feel someone erroneously dropped paint on the canvas and while trying to wipe it, ended up making a painting…remember the French movie Untouchables!).
He told me he liked my poetry more than the prose and encouraged me to keep writing.

I saw a variety of his work and I really liked his expression. Very intense and yet simple.
What inspires you to paint” I asked.

Lots of things” said he.

Still….most of the things eventually revolve/ are derived out of one cognitive factor. What is that in your case?”

He had to take a pause to answer this. As if he had never thought of it before.
“I think it is Love”. He confessed.

We carried different ideologies hence it was impossible to have a conversation further. My sudden inherent pause filled with disagreement spilled the beans.

He tried pulling the conversation further.

OK, what about you. Isn't that every piece of art originates from Love? Doesn't Love inspire you too?”

I guess I don’t understand art. I think I am just a road-side bugger….err….blogger. You may rename my number in your cellphone as an idiot” I said.

What inspires you then? He intrigued.

Love/ Hatred/ Faith/Success/Destruction/Pain/God/ Kindness/ Karma everything emanates from one thing- Life. Is there anything in Life greater than the Life itself? Is anything in the world more beautiful than Life?”

“It is Life that inspires me...”




P.S. Life is really beautiful. Try living it sometime.

1 comment:

  1. Beauty will save the world.
    Don’t let us forget that the causes of human actions are usually immeasurably more complex and varied than our subsequent explanations of them.
    ~ Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Idiot
    It's so easy to love. The only hard thing is to be loved.

    I paint only what I love.

    ~ Irving Stone, Lust for Life
    [biographical novel based on the life of Vincent van Gogh]

    Beauty is something wonderful and strange that the artist fashions out of the chaos of the world in the torment of his soul.

    Life isn't long enough for love and art.

    ~ W. Somerset Maugham, The Moon and Sixpence
    [based on the life of the painter Paul Gauguin.]

    A picture is a poem without words.
    ~Horace

    ReplyDelete