Monday, November 24, 2014

Man Vs Injections

(When Karma is (as) a b*tch ....and it cant get uglier than that) 

You ask me to donate a kidney to a needy, I don’t mind. You put me in a cage of hungry lions, I’ll stay put. But ask me to take an injection and you are my foe forever.

So when this junior Chinese doctor came on the first day to inject glucose in my body, I scared him away giving him the logic of his lifetime that he could not relate to and that too coming from a sick and ailing soul!

And as they say Karma is a b*tch and her face appears clearer when she comes in the form (and size) of a sturdy nurse with a 10-inches long needle befailing all your logic to escape asking you to give her your hand for a blood sample (defying your manipulative/analytical sense).

All you can do is to stay shut and mutter “when injection is inevitable, sit back and allow”, turning away your face to be a silent victim and see your nerves losing their virginity to a merciless needle.

For the first time I saw needle pierced in my hand and I took this pic. By this time, my skin had already become pale.


And then I made the nurse another feather in her cap by giving her an opportunity to do what she never did in her professional life- a manicure! (Apparently the surgeons in the Operation theaters lacked fashion sense or were color blind or jealous!).
And look at this pipe attached sucking up my body.

This is how it looks after that. And this was not enough when they said that this needle is not working and they need to find another nerve to fit a new one.
Look at the scars and swellings the earlier one left. 


So yeah… now you know what I went through.

If I can bear these needles.. there is nothing left in the world for me to see. 
And guess what, in spite of these life threatening needles, I came out alive from the hospital!!


1 comment:

  1. Injections are the best thing ever invented for feeding doctors.
    ~Gabriel Garcia Marquez

    ReplyDelete