Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Events in Life


I always used to think that We…. We are the makers, creators of our own life. That we are the ‘One’ for each one of us. That all we need was to trust ‘ourselves’ and we controlled everything coming to us.

But if I look back or even if I look around, I see the immeasurable significant roles the Events happening in our lives play(ed) in shaping us. We haven’t grown on our own, but we learnt the most from these Events. We never chose them consciously. They are destined to occur or wait for us to act and when we don’t, they act on our behalf and teach us lessons, or best, as Richard Bach says, “The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go”.

It’s immaterial if we attract them or they just cloudburst on us, but how they affect us. It is amusing to see how we become a product of the sequence we followed. 

Probably when incidents take place in our lives and we encounter them at the experiential level, we profoundly get affected. We learn from them what schools/movies/parents/friends could never teach us (or would have taken ages). Secondly, these learnings are so much personalized as they are based absolutely on our backgrounds, fit our circles of social life and perceptions. Hence, learning becomes even faster.

There have been certain topics and sentiments that I had been fundamentally against. And, post this medical event in my life…. I see myself getting softer on these. I am still wondering… How is that possible!

One of this being Trust. I learnt that incapability of someone is not the reason that one should allot to trustlessness. For example, I trusted myself so much that I could save/defend/escape from every situation but then when I was on the operation theatre glaring at the flood lights inhaling general anesthesia, just before knocking out, I realised, I failed in saving myself from this emergency. Does this mean am incapable of taking care of my own body. Should I take back the badge of "I trust You" from my own chest. 
NO. This means my formula was "Trust = Efficiency".

I got to look at myself from the other side of the mirror. And believe me, I don’t look like what I thought I do.

This (petty) Event hasn't changed me. But helped me see what will.

Are these hints from the universe?









P.S. I thought I was uselessly stubborn

1 comment:

  1. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated
    ~ Confucius

    ReplyDelete