Monday, January 26, 2015

10 Craziest things I have done in my Life

I was sick of reading buzzfeed about 10 things that only weird people do and 20 things that you should never do. So I decided to make my own list of the craziest things that I have done in my life. 
Disclaimer- Try them at your own risk (because it's gonna be worth it)
 
1. Hiding in a goods train
When a place I wanted to visit was flooded and no modes of transport was available and civilians were denied all entries, I ticked my bucket list (and risked kicking the bucket) by hiding in a goods train and ‘jumping’ off the moving train upon reaching the stop. Looking at the resultant view I felt, it was worth risking for.  
 
 


2. Asking for a lift in a train engine (with no bogey)-
 
Yes, I had my 1 hour long journey ‘standing’ at slippery half-foot elevation on corner of a train engine holding a shaky rusted bar, while it was raining cats and dogs and all other animals; getting scratched by every bush I crossed, watching the wild animals around watch me.



3. Going to a Male toilet
 
Honestly, I don’t understand the logic of separate female and male toilet thing. Don’t we use a common one on the plane? In restaurants? Or, at home?
During my LLB exam days I used the male toilet next to the classroom instead of the female toilet on the 3rd floor. Not to prove my point, but to save time. Thankfully, I was caught  (read thanked for) only once.





  

4.  Visiting a S@x shop
I have always believed that ‘You’ should be a judge of your ‘should and should not’ items in life.
I visited a S@x shop. Not once but twice. Once with a guy and once with a girl. Of course it has enlightened me about a lot of things of the unseen face of the world which I might write about later in the blog.

 
 5. Ride a wild bear
I have over-protective parents. And my grandmother- overtly. She was told that making kids ride a bear makes them immune to diseases. So, I underwent this unpopular ride. The bonus was- letting the bear hiss in my ears will make me fearless. Oh Boss! I cant forget that roaring sniff (and the meaty smell from its mouth) to which I completely surrendered as a child. Considering my adventures, I can’t deny the truthfulness of my Granny’s belief.

 
 
6. Ride a helicopter
 
And that too, for free. Winning a contest at some media company rewarded with me a free helicopter ride. And I must say- what a pleasure it was!


 


7. Be a guest at a live radio show
What happens when you are not prepared to speak? And that too, after speaking you realise you were on air!
And in this confusion, you end up becoming an scapegoat of Murphy's law because you speak exactly what you said you must not say! (No details please)


 
 
8.  Invite a B@stard in a conference room, lock him and tell him on his face that he is a cunt
 
You repent more of not doing things in life than doing. Not kicking this guy is what I would have repented. My cultural upbringing has always ‘forced’ me to be respectful to elders but an action of sparing this guy would have resulted in an unhealed wound. And I, freed myself from this guilt. I am proud of myself!



 

9.  Shooting a news story on the road and being laughed at by passers by
A project during Journalism required me to shoot a story in public. Since I didn’t have a mike, I shot the story holding a handle cover pretending as the mike in front of the camera (trying to act professional). I was laughed at by commuters, hawkers, auto rickshaw drivers (which later I realized probably was mistaken as something else). Finally, when I submitted the recorded version, I was happy to see my majestic unstoppability.



 
10.  Doing a solo cross country trip on the next day of operation
The Dentist cut out the painful wisdom teeth (as he felt I was over-wise for the stupid world) and instructed a complete bed rest till the stitches heal. Excited over my already booked tickets, I went to a solo trip overseas, roamed all over posing smilingly in the photos hiding the blood soaked gauze pads inside the mouth. I have these four teeth still preserved.



 

  

2 comments:

  1. Some are born mad, some achieve madness, and some have madness thrust upon 'em.

    ~ Emilie Autumn, The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls



    “One person's craziness is another person's reality.”



    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

    ~ Albert Einstein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy Kiya Re



    S*** lady on the floor!
    Keep yhe coming at the mall! [x2]

    Chori chori kiya re
    Dil ye dil liya re
    Jadoo se jadoo kiya
    Kiya re
    Jagi soyi rahon
    Khoyi Khoyi rahon
    Uski yadoon me uske batoon me
    Jhoome jiya re

    Crazy re [x3]

    Na uko pata
    Na uski kata
    Main uspe mar gayi
    Zara usko bata
    Theree Theree
    Ikraar me
    Uske he pyaar me jhoomen jiya reeeee!

    Crazy re [x3]

    Main yahan bhi gaya
    Main wahan bhi gayi
    Socha pal palm use
    Main jahan bhi gayi
    Din ho yaa raat ho
    Wo mere saath Ye uski baat ho
    Jhoome jiya reee!

    Crazy re [x3]

    S*** lady on the floor!
    Keep yhe coming at the mall! [x2]

    Chori chori kiya re
    Dil ye dil liya re
    Jadoo se jadoo kiya
    Kiya re
    Jagi soyi rahon
    Khoyi Khoyi rahon
    Uski yadoon me uske batoon me
    Jhoome jiya re



    ~Lyrics : Sameer Singers : Sunidhi Chauhan

    ReplyDelete