Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Coils


Every morning when I get up, it takes me a while to leave the bed after I dismiss the alarm. 
Not because it is cold or I have none by the bed. But...

I find myself in a pool of doubts and uncertainties that have ripened over Time. I struggle with those coils in my head. Banging against each other, further curling in any missed out thread from the previous night.
I fiddle with the most possible answers I can fit in those echoing corners. The series of silent slowness follows the trail that emptiness has left... until I reach the question "Do I want to get late to work today".

I get up, get ready and leave home....

1 comment:

  1. For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause: there's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life;
    ~ William Shakespeare

    O man, when you were coiled in the cradle of the womb, upside-down, you were absorbed in meditation. You took no pride in your perishable body; night and day were all the same to you - you lived unknowing, in the silence of the void. Remember the terrible pain and suffering of those days, now that you have spread out the net of your consciousness far and wide.
    ~ Sri Guru Granth Sahib

    ReplyDelete