Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ye kya jagah hai Doston...


Probably the beauty of life lies in its imperfection.. 

There has never been a moment when I have listened to this song and not sobbed surreptitiously
So I thought, let me bring it all up today (I mean in the middle of this night).

It is not just about the story and the situation where this song arrives in this movie where a prostitute by destiny comes back to her own village after two decades where she, as a kid, was kidnapped by a family friend out of business animosity and sold to a pimp.. but her mother refuses to accept and take her back out of social bondages... but I think, all of us can relate so much with this song. Has life screwed up our plans any differently?

We have become so much used to seeing our own knit dreams crashing before our eyes. We accept the failed plans, we accept the lack of trust bonds, we respect the love-less relationships and allot a corner space for the guilt we carry deep inside ourselves.

We hide ourselves from our own self just because we are scared of being confronted. 

Haven't we faced this moment.. just like she does in the song, when she turns back with teary eyes and questions softly- 
"Tamaam umra ka hisaab maangti hai zindagi... ye mera dil kahe to kya, khud se sharmasaar hai...." (The life asks for the whole account of years... what if my heart says, am ashamed of myself)

Sometimes we sit back and see how much we have lost in order to chase what that we always thought we should.. 
"ye kiss muqaam pe hayaat mujhko le ke aa gayi.... na bas khushi pe hain jahan, na gham pe ikhteyaar hai.." (To which destination has life brought me... where I have neither control over my happiness nor command over sadness)

And this one dying hope that we know will only bear further pain of losing the hope.. 
"Bula raha hai kaun mujhko chilmano ke us taraf...mere liye bhi kya koi udaas beqaraar hai..." 
(Who is that calling me from the other side of the lamps... is anyone sad/ impatient waiting for me too)

Many a times, I haven't explored what I hoped, because I wanted to stay in the grey area of guilt of not exploring, than rather reaching out and finding out that there was some (or none).. 

Sometimes, the lifelessness of a probability pacifies us more than the possibility of the hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment