Thursday, May 2, 2013

Baggages of memories



The escalators were not working. As I shifted my third luggage on the 30th step by myself, I almost said to myself, “Am sorry, I can't carry it anymore”.  It was half past midnight after my flight landed back..and inspite of being in my own area, my own country, I was somewhere else. The cool-dry breeze was swirling around me.  It started to drizzle a bit and I sat in the middle of the road overlooking my heavy bags.

How much we accumulate emotions and memories, and then carry them with us. We leave out with 15kgs of luggage, and come back with 40 kgs in our luggage and several tonnes in our mind.

We share so much, we trust so much, and yet our silence deepens. Still we grab our collars to seek answers from self. Still we don’t hold our self responsible for the filth we collect. Still we want justifications for irrationalities. We demand logic in every illogical action.

In the middle of that moment, where Time was moving ahead and my mind travelling back, I realised I was stand still. With none by my side, it was my cold world.

Once again, I took refuge under my self-answering-question which always saves me from such embarrassments and ask myself- "My dear, if not you, then who else?”

No comments:

Post a Comment