Saturday, May 25, 2013

Secret of Life

Beyond the cliches of Paap and Punya, there exists the secret of Life



At school, we were taught the opposites- black-white, up- down, far-near, success- failure. Another one, was paap -punya. Good deeds accumulated towards your punya and your evil thoughts formed a part of your paap (sin). Religiously, it restricted people to the 'do good, find good' theorem.
So the theory said that points accumulated in your punya account will be redeemed at the end of your life, and paap will result in further miseries.

Gautam Buddha, and several like him, I thought, did so much good for the mankind.. how much account balance of punya these personalities would have credited to their name, I wondered. I really wondered how God was going to reward them.

What could be the highest incentive a human being could demand or aspire and what was the epitome of success that God could grant a man with. This should work as a motivation for others to attain.

At that time I tried to put myself in the shoes of this great man and thought what would I demand in return of this selfless life I lived. I could not think of anything other than that tiny moment that had sweeped me over during my meditation which left me with....... nothing. Yes, nothing. I wish I could use a better word for it.
That 'pure' moment that I lived for a fraction of second, that impacted me like .... (again, am short of words)... and imagine, Buddha lived his life in it!!

Now, you say.. when you dwell in that moment of truth, you are devoid of the false pleasures that kept you illusioned and disoriented all your life... your heart is one with the Time and you accept yourself as a part of this huge world, which highest luxury, fame, wealth, man/woman can please you, then.

When your heart has melted away in the joy of realization of of life that it is blessed with, and not an inch of filth, ego or pain remains in it, what can the greatest of the great God reward it with.

A desire-less heart probably, that we achieve in the process is the highest reward that we get automatically in return from the Nature, signalling the supreme rule- journeys are important than destinations...Such a beautiful secret of life as if I discovered.

A man can best get a life to live beautifully. What is left after that is all just myths and philosophies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment