Monday, June 18, 2012

My first rendezvous with the rains



Mark it.
17th June, 2012.
My first rendezvous with the rains on this land.

When I left Mumbai, the thoughts of missing Mumbai monsoons haunted me like a soldier heading for war, leaving his newly wed wife on bed.. fulfilling his duty, yet tempted by what he was missing.  I thought I'll never enjoy rains.

As I walked towards the sea, a drop from the sky trickled on my head,  and before I could feel, another one dropped on my wrist.  And, at that moment, I knew, I had to stay.
I saw people rushing towards sheds and carrying their babies, looking for shelter.

And at that very moment I realised my independence. I felt my independence in my decision, in my body, in my surroundings, in my caring a hoot attitude.
I moved ahead where the rains were approaching, and from where everyone had left...just like making the way for the princess.

The little droplets hitting my face and eyes and playing on my body.. I closed my eyes and spread my arms towards the sky.
A little dim light from nowhere was falling on the fringes of the leaves of the tall palm trees that swayed in the air, and a little light fell on my body. I felt the coolness on my neck and the peace percolated in my chest.
I wanted this to go on.. the touching game. I felt my own heart beat and saw my glistening body enjoying the moment of lust-less lustrous solitude.. 

2 comments:

  1. is it possible to get a higher resolution photo of the girl in the rain? its a beautiful image and a beautiful post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am sorry, I don't have a better resolution than this.
      Thanks for your appreciation :)

      Delete