Saturday, February 18, 2012

A late night walk


Night has always been the time best time of my day, for the peace and calmness it contains in its womb. A time when everything stands at still. The world is allowed to take rest, sleep. The pacifying effect it has on every face, is what I love the most.

As a child too, I always dreamt that when I grow bigger one day, and when I'll be able to take care of myself, I'll walk alone on the grey roads of black nights, pocketing my hands, enjoying the star lit sky.

I didnt realise that I had grown bigger. I never fulfilled my dream.

Last Friday, I was coming back home, from Police Station, all alone, past midnight.
Freezing breeze, star lit night, lonely road and the pacifying silence spread around.

At that moment, I realised what is happening now is what I always wanted.
I had grown bigger. I was alone. I could take care of myself. And I could do what I yearned for- a late night walk.

As I walked, behind the swaying palm trees, I saw the sexy hunk Sea smiling like a boyfriend, and calling me by my name, pleading naughtily to make full use of the moment, and invited me.

As I moved ahead, the chilling sea breeze, like flood water, started to rise from my ankles to my legs, to my knees- where the skirt allowed it to, and my legs froze - dont know in pain or excitement to meet my beloved.

I felt the breeze coming from Eastern sky, playing with my hair, throwing my curls on the other side of my face, and picking it up again as I turned my face.

My face glittered and my eyes twinkled, the moment I got the view of the sea. An automatic smile curved my lips, forgetting what all I went through during the day and the Police Station.

I almost embraced the sea with a teary face and he, like my lover, assured me that all will be fine, because we both know that no matter how much you are cheated, words do carry a certain quantum of faith in them, and they are not hollow as we start thinking about them as grow in our experiences in our life.
                                
I saw some ships flashing in the middle of the grey black sea, and the foggy sky over it.

I heard some dogs barking. As I turned to see, a maid with three big rich dogs taking a stroll over the sea side, talking to some super rich man in his extra super rich black car.
I noticed some object kept on a sheltered bench behind me. As I tried to fathom, I found an old man, cuddled up in extra jackets and caps, sitting with a big plastic bag kept besides him. To his left, a parcel of food, half eaten with a plastic spoon kept over it.
Oh, that feeling of insecurity that I keep shooing away, caught me by throat again.
Looked like that oldie had no place to go. And, that I'll also be as alone, as feeble and as helpless and homeless like him when I grow old. 

The night appeared getting elongated. And as if a thousand arms approaching me to strangulate me from the deep corners of the night and the Sea I just trusted.

At the end of the day, and after the night, we all are deeply alone from inside, finding means to trust someone in the world of disbelief and rejection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment