Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Lust Stories



Netflix understood that the top selling thing in the world is sex. But after critics have proved that it is overrated, they came up with a new idea. 
So, how about ‘Lust”

I met this Indian guy who gave me a very apt analogy about the psyche of Indian society. He said, “It is like a spring, the more you suppress it, the higher it will bounce once released”. To me, that is the best way to describe the evolving Indian cinema at the moment. 

Content of Lust Stories: 

The first best thing about Lust Stories is its characters. 

The second best thing is- its deep meaningful characters.

The third best thing is- you see yourself as a character in every story, and more so when the characters start taking off their layers and you get to see them up close.

I think we all are able to see ourselves naked on screen. Because we often fail to see how hollow we are.

You see yourself as the controlling husband, as the lover, as the cheating wife, as the curious teenager, as someone exploring his/her insecurities, as a non-satisfied partner- sexual and non- sexual. 

I see myself in every story too.

I saw myself as the confused possessive woman who doesn’t know that she is too attached to something she knows is temporary and futile.

I saw myself in the unsatisfied housewife whose husband wanted a mother of kids instead of a wife. 

I saw myself in the sexually unsatisfied newly wed woman, and the impotent husband at the same time. 

I saw myself in the remorseful lover who was having an affair with a married woman. 

I saw myself as the divorced woman who has made peace with the slut reputation because of her single-hood. 

I saw myself in the character that is using people without realising that it is also getting used. 

I saw myself as someone who has delayed every personal decision because I am too scared to lose than excited to achieve. 

I saw myself as someone very professionally successful and very weak personally. 

I saw myself gambling at lost wars. 

I saw myself trying to fix everything by imagining that nothing went wrong in the first place.

I saw myself starting a loose thread that I can break as per my will and finding myself entangled in my own coils. 

I saw myself at deciding to be strong and gradually forgetting that I had to be strong and then getting offended at being reminded to be strong. 

I can write one million more points but I think this is enough to give the idea. But it doesn't have what you might be looking for. 

P.S. Go watch Lust Stories not to watch lust, but to see yourself naked.

2 comments:

  1. But now, uncertain of the length
    Of this, that is between,
    It goads me, like the Goblin Bee—
    That will not state—its sting.
    ~ Emily Dickinson

    Love demands patience but lust is relentless ~ Ghalib

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching this one may be the 21st way to over come a break-up!

    ReplyDelete