Friday, March 24, 2017

I am a Writer


Writer.
I googled Writer. 

Oxford dictionary says- A person who has written something or who writes in a particular way. So by virtue of this piece about I am a writer, I am a writer!

In the last one week, 3 people have told me “You are such a great writer” (1 person said it twice). Well, I am not counting the people who generally love you and say such stuff (1 of those 3 is my bestie).

Anyway, the point is- I have started to leave a mark in people’s mind. They want to hear me. Yesterday, when I was on the stage, I took a moment and looked in the eyes of the audience around to see how curious they were about the content I wrote (except the ones busy on phone). But, I saw that interest. So what if it was only from the people whose phone battery had discharged and they had finished eating.

I feel blessed. And I said on stage, “….. as a writer I find it hard to ….” and nobody laughed  when I called myself a writer. 

I am a writer. By estoppel. 

3 comments:

  1. The artist helps us see how the world looks like, the writer helps us feel how the world is like... The pen shall indeed always be powerful than the sword

    ReplyDelete
  2. A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit. — Richard Bach

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's said 'Kali, Kolom, Mon lekhe tinjon' (Inside every writer there are three persons: the ink, the pen and the intellect)

    ReplyDelete