Monday, December 8, 2014

Adventures of Punjabi mother- (Dubai)


Me- Mom, I am going to Dubai. 
Mom- Good. Enjoy.
Me- Do you know where is it.
Mom- Of course, I know. It's near Pakistan. 
Me- Well, technically yes. But that's not the best way to describe its location.

Mom- I know people go there for Haj also.
Me- Mom, no. That's Saudi Arabia.
Mom- You don't need to tell me. I have seen the white maxi dress they wear. The people there are called ammm… Shaa… Shuu….Shiii…
Me- You mean Sheikhs?

Mom- Yes, Sheikhs. And be careful.
Me- About what?
Mom- Sheikh‎s.
Me- Huh?
Mom- Shut up! You don't know. I have seen it in movies. They are barbarous. They ride camels and throw men thirsty in the desert .
Me- @/:(#$%%&&*) @+!?:;@#@#@ 



1 comment:

  1. My mother, may her soul rest in peace, shaped my personality; thanks to her, I have acquired many values, good traits and skills.

    ~ UAE President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan

    ReplyDelete