Saturday, July 6, 2013

Let's have some Romance


And today, I really wanted to write something romantic.
I think romance shows a part in you which is always blossomed, just that we ignore and close the doors of the gardens in Spring. A song in the car, a couple holding hands in the garden, teenagers kissing on the road probably pulls us back to it.

We relate romance with someone we love/ loved. We have our peculiar things attributing to this feeling- our favorite movie, place, dress, restaurant, incident and all. Lovers come and leave. Sometimes they take your share of romance with them.

I saw a dear friend yesterday with beer in one hand and a cigarette in another, enjoying his evening by himself. It was such a simple of having a toast of romance with yourself.

I asked myself if I could really make love to myself this way- by offering myself something I loved. Food, shopping and music..! Naah..Enough! Ok, so, meditation? Ammm ... Hard to say no, but not now. Dressing hot and going seaside by myself and forgetting my phone at home? Amm, can be considered.... What about calling someone who had a crush on you and feeling important... Oops... na na! Anichya Anichya!

I closed my eyes, for the answer to float ultimately in the pool of thoughts. And, it did. The answer brought a smile in eyes. Writing. Yes, writing. My love. No second thoughts on it. I knew I'd write boring/ useless poetries that none understood or was interested in, in those 'romantic moments with self' but it was all for myself, for the me of I.

It is 5 in the morning, I haven't slept all night and I am having this romantic time with myself.

Just imagine, this is beyond the generic "I love you" as there is no "you" in my love..just me. No fear of betrayal, no probability of non- attraction, no ambiguity about the future and no nagging insecurities and the trauma of remembering anniversaries and birthdays! Wow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment