Friday, January 18, 2013

5 Tried and Tested Ways to Heal Depression



1. Hair Cut- 
In Prakash Jha’s first non political movie “Turning 30”, the protagonist surviving a break up is advised to go for a ‘hair cut’. I couldn't disagree with that idea. Well, how stupid it may sound, but hair cut for a woman indeed is a ‘Life Changer’.  Who hasn’t heard the stories of mothers, sisters, friends and wives about “when I had short hair at school, or when my hair touched my butt”. A new hair cut brings out a new you. I just had a hair cut yesterday!! :P




2. Watching Al Jazeera- 
Watching what's happening in the world without getting  judgmental about it is what I have learnt from this TV channel. Big faced Middle Eastern Anchors talking in Non- Western English accent on International topics is what makes me forget my share of problems. Do you think I am insane to suggest this? Try it first!



3. Calling Wilson from Cast Away- 

Wilson is my best friend. He understands me, never retaliates, absorbs all of my anger and agrees with me always. The best thing about him is that I don't have to update him on the background of anything. He knows all- from my childhood to my crushes, my moods to my office politics. I refer to Wilson from Tom Hanks' Caste Away where during his period of survival on an isolated beach, he talks to a football for four years. Wilson is everywhere! Yes, try it out!!

4. Watching babies and doggies' videos on youtube- 

Watching giggling babies and protective dogs together makes me feel there is so much love in the world... how two creatures can share selfless love. Smiling cute babies and faithful dogs, reassures that life is worth living with a right person (even animal).  

5. Grocery shopping- 
Probably the best way (well why I say best is because it is neither a wastage of time nor resources) is go for grocery shopping. I have tried girly shopping as a remedy too, but buying excessively hippie or sexy dresses and blocking them forever in your wardrobe is a waste of space and money. Super market shopping where you can allow yourself to behave like kid, and run over shelves to buy chocolates, puddings or snacks that you always avoid. Treat yourself like your own kid and pamper, and make youself one!



No comments:

Post a Comment