Monday, November 1, 2010

The Request




“It is a black and white picture. Not clear. But you can see it moving ”, said she, telling about her observation on seeing the baby inside her womb in ultra-sound.
Thank God, we were conversing on chat, otherwise she would have noticed my teary face or heard me groaning in pain, to miss that part of my life.

I absolutely and very clearly remember, Mr. God, when once, while crossing the bridge you had implanted the thought in me that you won’t leave my life empty and  I am too, your dear child. I’ll also get everything that I ever wanted….just that I should wait with some patience. If you remember, I had agreed on it happily that evening.

But, why this strong pain. I never wanted to be a mother. And, now, I just want to be a mother only.
I request you to define the word “patience” that you often use, in our conversations. Yes, you heard it right. I want you to quantify and define how long and how much pains in my struggle for life I need to go through.
Please explain.
You have given me a good, attractive and a healthy body. You have made me a master in my field that I get respect for my work and am able to work for my living for the rest of my life, with pride. You have given me no liability and only peace at heart to enjoy the bounties you have bestowed upon us.
I thank you for all that. I am really grateful to you, for that. I mean it.
But, now, I want you to bless me with that concept that gives me the strongest feeling.
I want to be a mother.
You know it.
I want a baby of my own.
I want to reproduce.

I want your blessing inside my womb and that I see it growing every day and night.
I want him (am sorry, am becoming gender specific) to be created inside my body.
I want him to look like me, and do all that I did…and all that I couldn’t.
I want to live life again- through his eyes.
Please god, I know you are listening to me..i know you are there… I know that you are seeing me crying.. I know that you will. Please give me more patience to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment