Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Dukkha

I hide my face in the pillow and cry loudly. I press its velvet surface on my face. My closed eyes try to contain the tears until they are full and they start overflowing from the corners of my eyes. My face is moist with tears and the steam of my breath. My heart is saddened with grief and I cry non-stop.

I feel the grief very strongly.

So strongly that I am in a state of complete denial. I do not want to live this moment. I just want to get transported into another reality- I want this to be a dream. I push my heightened senses of grief to believe my Disbelief.

And while I am in a state that is in between the two, I get transported into another reality. I wake up with tears in my eyes, a wet pillow and heavy breathing...into this alternate world which I have been taught is reality.




I don't know how many realities I exist in. I don’t know if I can cherry pick the ones I want to live in. I don’t know if after I have chosen one, I will be stuck in it until infinity. I don’t know if I live upto infinity. I dont know if death is actually another name of life.

But I do know that grief is beyond infinity. Suffering of humankind – Dukkha is timeless, 
and it exists in every dimension of spacetime in every alternate reality. How many realities have I hopped on from… and still I haven’t escaped Dukkha.

Every reality is a new manifestation of Dukkha.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu

“May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all.”





1 comment:

  1. "Both formerly and now, it is only suffering that I describe, and the cessation of suffering.”
    The Buddha.

    ReplyDelete