Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Life, Death and my Pink Dress

 
I often think about Life
And Death.


Living means going to work and waiting for lunch time, rent payment reminders, always be sleep deprived, never winning lottery tickets, spending weekends alone in your matchbox apartment eating comfort food

Living a longer life means more wrinkles, knee pain and baldness
Whereas,
Dying means none of that. The absolute emptiness that transcends into the eventual nothingness

You see, I have figured out the Truth. All mysteries of life sorted. In my thirties.
Am I prepared for death, you ask?
Life has thrown me into such situations for which I was never prepared for.
A cheating partner, loss of job, change of countries, depression.
I am as ready for death as I have never been for life.
Is death as difficult as life, I ask.
 

I can sort everything in my life or death
EXCEPT one.
What happens to my Pink Dress when I die


This lingering unanswered question remains in my mind.
I have shared my ideas, my body, and even food with people
BUT never my Pink Dress

What happens to my Pink Dress when I die
It is so dear to me that every morning when I open my wardrobe, I glance at its beauty
The times when I wasn’t ready for the world, it prepared me to face the ugly truth of life with its beautiful color and softness

I doubt if I’ll be what I am in absence of my Pink Dress.
 

So what happens-
When I die…
Will it be disposed off
Will someone else wear it
Will it be donated
What if a thinner girl wears it with a wrong belt and worst, wrong pair of shoes! Oh God!
What if a girl wears it with a red lipstick! Pink and red don’t go together! Please
I’ll be groaning in pain lying in my grave.
 

Will my mother give it to my cousin whom I despise; my soul won’t be resting in peace.
 
What if I die in a plane crash
While wearing my Pink Dress
Will they bury me, with my Pink Dress
Silk is 100% biodegradable, it will disappear in a few days’ time, oh God.
 
What if my parents decide to cremate me
I can’t imagine the sight of my Pink Dress being in flames
 
I am not scared of Death.
It is an ultimate Truth that I accept.
And attachments, cravings and desire, as Buddha says bring sufferings.
So if any of this Karma and Rebirth and Soul and God thing is real, I want to be reborn, with a possibility to wear my Pink Dress in the next life.

 
But honestly, what happens to my Pink Dress when I die…..

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I have heard what the talkers were talking, the talk of the begin-
    ning and the end,
    But I do not talk of the beginning or the end.
    ……………….

    There was never any more inception than there is now,
    Nor any more youth or age than there is now,
    And will never be any more perfection than there is now,
    Nor any more heaven or hell than there is now.

    Urge and urge and urge,
    Always the procreant urge of the world.

    - Whitman

    ReplyDelete