Thursday, June 1, 2017

Time to re-live Life





These silver sparkles of the night - all over my finger tips that I massage in my hair
The Sun casting its shadows on the underwater lakes that it makes me dream I swim in
The moments from my piggy bank, I had saved all through life to live at the right time
The flashes, nicely baked in the past re-appear
Lost and found meanings of the words of the poems that I can rewrite
And keep babbling and get up in the middle of the night and laugh hard

The sea breeze of the summer evenings overlooking the orangey skies and several boats at the horizon
Touching your face with my warm hands for all those winters I waited for you to be here
And the interesting accidents that you are ready to volunteer to
And laugh. Lots of laughter. Together. With your hands on mine.
And lots of love.  

Excuse me, when is a right time to re-live life?

2 comments:

  1. You can't relive your life. ~ John Glenn

    Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them. ~ Bob Dylan

    But then -

    Now I'm reliving my whole damn life
    And it's a shame that I can't remember
    And now I'm living the same damn lie
    It's a shame, but nothing's forever
    ~ Seether

    Finally -

    If I could only relive my life
    Just to undo the mistakes and relinquish my strife
    To remove the errors that I once had done
    And maybe forget something, or even someone
    If only I could walk that path once again
    …………………….
    If I could relive this life once again
    Starting from my beginning and stretching to its end
    With all the information that I am in possession of now
    Then to all of my probabilities, I could walk away or accept with a bow
    Only then would I know the mistakes I have taken
    Along with all the errors I have made and opportunities I forsaken
    Just to walk the road that I had walked once before
    Knowing which paths or steps I should take, and which ones I should ignore
    If only I knew which path I should either deny or accept
    Either becoming stronger or weak with pain and regret
    ……
    ~ Randy L. McClave

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had my life to live over, I would have talked less and listened more.

    I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained and the sofa faded. ………………….

    I would have cried and laughed less while watching television - and more while watching life. …………….

    There would have been more "I love you's".. More "I'm sorrys" ...

    But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute... look at it and really see it ... live it...and never give it back.

    - Erma Bombeck



    ReplyDelete