Monday, August 25, 2014

I am Beautiful



I have never felt as beautiful in my life as I do now. Not that I have lost weight or that my complexion has improved or have suddenly added something great to my wardrobe, but that I have grown to understand that this is me. 

This is me- the imperfect me. The unchangeable and the incorrigible me.

I know that I have made mistakes and accept now that I am never going stop making more (or repeating them, probably to be sure). I have accepted the fact that I am curvy and at the wrong places too, and that I am never gonna be like those skinny models who forcibly flash on your screen before YouTube let's u watch a video.

My wrinkles have engraved their signatures deep around my eyes before I could ever know which cream I should have used to avoid them in the first place. These are not scars but the memories of how many chances I have missed to feel beautiful when I could.

I know am growing ugly but this process is so beautifying. I know I am growing old but this phase is so strengthening. I know am losing all the shine but my life has never been so lustrously humor filled ever.

This process could have started with naive systems and may have a horrifying end but this is carving a permanent mark of nothing but sheer awesomeness in my persona.

Beauty is not a physical feature. Beauty is a realisation. Beauty is awareness of your ‘humanhood’ (I meant womanhood). Not in terms of just your body or relations like that of daughter/sister/wife or so call it quite like the Matrix theory...when you realize you haven't been living in a real world and suddenly you are a part of it! How do you explain that sudden realization!

As a girl,u r used to receiving stares on the road. And I must say that I had never been so much noticed as I am now. Probably I have just started to learn to notice myself now! 






P.S. 30 is a beautiful number..

2 comments:

  1. For the moment I prefer to be a beautiful woman of my age than try desperately to look 30. ~ Demi Moore

    Let me tell you something - being thought of as a beautiful woman has spared me nothing in life. No heartache, no trouble. Love has been difficult. Beauty is essentially meaningless and it is always transitory.
    ~ Halle Berry


    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.
    ~Coco Chanel

    What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.
    ~ Scott Westerfeld,

    You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.
    ~ Amy Bloom

    Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone.
    ~ Dorothy Parker

    As if you were on fire from within.
    The moon lives in the lining of your skin.
    ~Pablo Neruda


    Cosmetics is a boon to every woman, but a girl's best beauty aid is still a near-sighted man. ~ Yoko Ono

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes people are beautiful.
    Not in looks.
    Not in what they say.
    Just in what they are.

    Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
    ― Confucius


    She walks in beauty, like the night
    Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
    And all that's best of dark and bright
    Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
    Thus mellow'd to that tender light
    Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
    ―George Gordon, Lord Byron

    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever;
    Its loveliness increases; it will never
    Pass into nothingness.
    ―John Keats

    Beauty is truth, truth beauty, - that is all
    Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
    ―John Keats

    ReplyDelete