Monday, April 15, 2013

Life... for once





My lips are pink and glossy. I am posing as my pointer finger touching my lower lip with my mouth open and my fake eyelashes curled up with black mascara.. I fake it for dreamy eyes.

I am seated near the window in my silver shoulderless- backless costume with my bare legs spread on the surface of the balcony to ignite all the fantasies. My matching silver shoes lie tilted.. A blonde wig is what rests on my head and the faux hair falling on my shoulders keep ticking me the whole day.

I keep gazing the men, women and teenagers passing by. Looking at me. Some look at my legs, some at my shoes. some hair and my hand-crafted nails. Some try to peep inside my falling neck dress. I wink at myself.

I am beautiful. From tip to toe, I am perfect. I have the flawless curvaceous body, fair complexion, tall slim legs, rounded soft shoulders and I am good at my work- attracting people.
Men and women, look at me, then they come inside our shop, I mean my owner's. They touch the dress I am wearing, ask the cost of the ear rings hanging in my ears, stare at the gems of my necklace. Some rich ones like it so much that they ask the Owner to pack it for them. Then she comes, takes it all off my body, swipes the customer's credit card with a smile. Then I am adorned with a new dress. I get to wear new dresses, jewelry every day.

During summers, at noons, none visits. My owner puts on the Air-con and keeps dozing off. But my still eyes gaze at the white building standing next. I think it is a church. I hear the bells ringing on Sundays. On my left corner, I hear a lot of music, I think there is a discotheque as at night, a lot of young men and women pass by. We lock the shop at 10 pm.

Rainy season brings a lot of hustle and bustle. A lot of vehicles honking, kids returning from school playing with the muddy water on the road. I wish I could go out and giggle with them.

During winters, it snows. I pose and display fur jackets. The trees visible from my balcony are all covered with white powdered snow. I wish I could make snow man and get myself clicked with it.

I see young and old people. I see people growing. I see people happy and sad. I see people window shopping and actually shopping. I watch people in love, people in problems and people celebrating and praying. 

But for me, nothing changes, except my clothes and wigs. No matter how beautiful I am, but these confused creatures make me crave for a life. I wish..for once, I could come out of this mannequin body and live like a human being.


No comments:

Post a Comment