Wednesday, December 12, 2018

What do you think of 2019

Can you believe 2018 is going to end? Didn't it just start and end, like the last 30 years of my life. How can it end without a notice?

In case you are also wondering (and worrying) like me, I have a better idea. Instead of worrying about 2018, why don't you welcome 2019. 

I read this article somewhere, in which the author suggested asking yourself: 
What would you like to pay more attention to in 2019?
What would you like to pay less attention to, and let go of?
What’s one word that defines how you’d like to live in the new year? 
What are the top three things that you really value? 
What moments would you like to create in 2019?




And I forced myself to answer all the questions like a host was asking me on a TV show. And I found:
I used my conditioned mind, not heart, while answering.
I read the questions as “what I should” than “what I want”.
I chose answers based upon what society expects from me- job, money, husband, kids, mature and realistic decisions. 
I almost separated ‘Me’ out of me. 

In case, you are also doing the same mistake, and you too not have a goal, you can use mine: BE YOU.
Get a f*king tattoo of it so that you don't forget.  



1 comment:

  1. Time present and time past
    Are both perhaps present in time future,
    And time future contained in time past.
    If all time is eternally present
    All time is unredeemable.
    What might have been is an abstraction
    Remaining a perpetual possibility
    Only in a world of speculation.
    What might have been and what has been
    Point to one end, which is always present.
    Footfalls echo in the memory
    Down the passage which we did not take
    Towards the door we never opened
    ….
    For last year's words belong to last year's language
    And next year's words await another voice.
    ….
    What we call the beginning is often the end
    And to make an end is to make a beginning.
    The end is where we start from.
    ~T.S. Eliot

    ReplyDelete