Monday, November 27, 2017

Did you think I won’t know”


I don't know why I am writing this, but then why not. You must count each time life blesses you. 

I was 13 years old when one day I was lying in bed down with menstruation pain. Mom had told me that “periods” is something that a girl should never tell anyone. I didn't tell anyone- not even grandma, or may be I was shy. 

That day, seeing me groaning in pain, grandma came and stroked my head and massaged me until my pain was relieved.
And then, covering my shoulders with the quilt she said, “Did you think I won’t know?” Hiding my face, I cried out of love.

Yesterday, after 20 years, I was lying down, crying in the same pain. My flat-mate heard my groans and helped me. 

Somewhere in the heavens, an old soul cried out of joy, whispering Did you think I won’t know?”



2 comments:

  1. In my local language(Twi), we say "what a child cannot see standing on the highest hill, an adult sees it clearly while squatting"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where am I myself, the whole woman,the true woman?

    ReplyDelete